Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!


Mount Nyiragongo, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo. Millions of tons of molten rock bubble in the crater of this active Volcano along the far west side of the Rift Valley.


"Take up the pen, the cudgel, the internet even...use them with force, stand up and be counted. Nothing is worth having if it is not worth battling for. Keep our world and our country free and out of the hands of evil-doers and their lackeys who would sooner sell us down the river to the oil companies and send the poor to fight an unjust war than protect the children, our water, our education and our Constitution."
-Jeffrey Barbee
Colorado, January 2011

I wrote last year about all of us doing our part. You can read that post here, since it also stands out as the "best of" from this blog I am letting it stand pretty much alone.

As my New Year's resolution I have vowed to use everything at my disposal to work for a more just, greener and healthier planet. I urge everyone to do the same.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment